- Open up the app.
- The first time you run the app, you'll be prompted to select a school district from a large list. Select Northern Lights Public Schools. If this option isn't available, then you've downloaded the wrong app.
- Once you've selected Northern Lights Public Schools, tap on All Buses to view a list of every bus route in the Division.
- Select the bus routes for which you'd like to receive notifications by tapping on the star to the right of the route name.
- You can search for bus routes by name, or filter routes by geographical location or by school using the tools at the top of the list.
- Once this is done, you'll receive immediate notifications from the Bus Status App any time there's a change in status for any of the routes that you've starred.
- You can also view the status of all the buses you've starred at any time by tapping on My Buses in the bottom left.
Real-time bus statuses are also posted on our website and you can view any delays or cancellations on the homepage or Bus Status page of the Northern Lights Public Schools website, or you can check your students' school website for a filtered list of busing information.
We also post emergency busing information (e.g. mass cancellations) on the Northern Lights Facebook Page, so be sure to like and follow us on Facebook.